taskbar auto update app?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Sun Oct 15 16:27:25 UTC 2006

Greetings All,

I am looking for an application (KDE or something) that will act like
the Windows auto-update program and will popup a small message that will
let the user know that there are new updates available, or that will
automatically install the update and let the user know.

We will be setting up a mirror of the rpm repository for Fedora 5 and I
cannot seem to find what application this is, or if one exists.

I do know how to go about using Yum from the GUI or command line, but
for a auto-update popup notification application, I just have not heard
of one.

Any ideas?

--
Thanks and have a good day,