fedora 6 install breaks at network configuration

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Oct 16 03:34:51 UTC 2006

philn wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm a Red Hat (Fedora) noob after years of fighting with Debian. After
> recently spending a couple of days trying to get the latest Debian
> (Etch) to install I discover that it will not drive my dual head setup
> (which windoze does without trouble).

Regarding dual head. I am able to get this working with X -configure
which will generate a working dual head configuration and place in in
the /root user directory. Of course, system-config-display won't work
right afterwards to customize the settings.

I have an MGA card as primary and the nv as secondary. 1280x1024 dor MGA
and 800x600 for nv.

Jim