rkhunter missing

hanpingtian at gmail.com hanpingtian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 01:49:19 UTC 2006

I see, the permissions of those files forbid no-root user to check them:
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root   1687 Mar 19  2006 /etc/cron.daily/01-rkhunter
-rw-r----- 1 root root   1519 Mar 19  2006 /etc/rkhunter.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root root    333 Jun  6  2005 /etc/sysconfig/rkhunter
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 141594 Mar 19  2006 /usr/bin/rkhunter

But I find the hash checking failed on some programs:
   /usr/bin/watch  [ BAD ]
   /usr/bin/wc  [ BAD ]
   /usr/bin/wget  [ OK ]
   /usr/bin/whereis  [ BAD ]
   /usr/bin/who  [ BAD ]
   /usr/bin/whoami  [ BAD ]
Rootkit Hunter found some bad or unknown hashes. This can be happen due replaced
binaries or updated packages (which give other hashes). Be sure your hashes are
fully updated (rkhunter --update). If you're in doubt about these
hashes, contact
the author (fill in the contact form).