kernel-smp-2.6.18-1.2200 kernel panic

Phd phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Tue Oct 17 15:56:00 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 21:02 -0400, Jason Montleon wrote:
> Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
> Red Hat nash version 5.0.32 starting
> EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock
> mount: error mounting /dev/root on /sysroot as ext3: Invalid argument
> setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
> setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
> setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
> switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
Hi,

I got this, with a non-SMP kernel , didnt find anyway to go through, and
this problem was even killing the linux rescue process, and even the
Seagate Seatools Check process because I was thinking of a hardware
problem ! Bought a new disk, and reinstalled FC5... :-(
Now I am reading this ... and feel quite disturbed ! Are we only 2 or 3
people with the same problem ?
Any solutions ?
Thanks,
Philippe