Yum

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed Oct 18 18:50:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 22:09 -0300, Ted Gervais wrote:
> I seem to have lost my 'YUM'.  I deleted some python files which must have
> been apart of Yum or the other way around.
>
> How do I get  my YUM back?  Can I  reinstall it from the iso disks or
> should I do a search and find an rpm version out in the world somewhere?

This is a hard way to learn.
IMHO, you should never delete files that you are not 100% certain of
their purpose/usage.

It is much better to do something like
	yum provides </path/to/file>
then look at the output so you can tell what packages put the file
there.
You then need to try a "yum remove <package>" and see what other
packages it may want to remove for dependencies so you have a chance to
decide whether you really should delete it or not.