Cannot update vmware with kernel 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 06:31:20 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:

> > ronald wrote:

> >> is this part not aged ?
> >>
> >> i'm running VMware-server-1.0.1-29996 -the last- and i don't need
> >> any-any stuff.
> >>
> >> player is also 1.-....
> >>
> > you're using the free version...the workstation pro (non free product)
> > is at 4.5.x
> > htht
> > Thierry
>
> Actually,
>
>      $ rpm -q VMwareWorkstation
>      VMwareWorkstation-5.5.2-29772
>
> and I'm currently not using the vmware-any-any patch with
> kernel-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5.
>
> But to go from 4.5 to 5.x requires an upgrade fee.
>
> --
>                 Matthew Saltzman

I've got VMwareWorstation-5.5.2-29772 installed and have encountered
the same problem as the OP. The vmware-any-any-update104/runme.pl
fails due to the following: "Unable to access the installer database
/etc/vmware/locations in read-mode".  Guess I've just have to keep
using the previous kernel and wait for the next kernel and/or vmware
patch.