Looking for a bookmark manager/server

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 14:16:53 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Mark Haney <mhaney at ercbroadband.org> wrote:

> Kirk Lowery wrote:
> > For several years I've been using Bookmark4u, a PHP-4/MySQL-based
> > bookmark manager, running it on my own webserver. There's been no
> > update for more than three years and it's abandonware. No problem,
> > except that moving to PHP5 breaks it.
> >
> > I've been looking around, but there doesn't seem to be any actively
> > maintained bookmark server out there. I've looked at Bookmark Manager
> > (BKM), but that, too, is two years out of date.
> >
> > What are folks using these days?
> >
> > TIA!
> >
> > Kirk
> I don't know about everyone else, but I've really like the Google
> BrowserSync Firefox extension.  I'm not entirely sure what you use your
> BM manager for, so this may not be an appropriate suggestion, but it
> works really well.

Part of my job includes searching the web for various kinds of information.
I store the URLs in a database with dozens of categories and subcategories.
I need to search more than 4,000 URLs, make comments on them, etc., all the
while being available from anywhere that I travel and have an internet
connection. Bookmark4u and Bookmark Manager allow one to do all these
things.

Kirk