Flash Player 9 Beta for Linux Is Available

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 18:29:51 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/10/06, Lonni J Friedman <netllama at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/19/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > That's what happens to Fx when you have too many extensions installed.
> > > Which extensions have you?
> >
> > Define "too many extensions".
>
> For me, Fx startss slowing down after Add Bookmarks Here, All-In-One
> Gestures, All-In-One Sidebar, Customize Google, Hebrew Language Pack,
> FlashBlock, JS View, Mouseless Browsing, SearchStatus, and Web
> Developer are installed. Of course, I install five or six other
> extensions, too. This machine has a 1.3 gHz processor and 1 GB of RAM.
>
> Dotan Cohen

I suspect the problem is more likely the extensionst that you've
installed rather than the number of extensions.  I'm sure that your
hardware is also playing a role.

I've got 10 extensions on my firefox installation, and have never run
into performance problems.  Then again, I've got far beefier hardware
than you.

L. Friedman                                    netllama at gmail.com
LlamaLand                       http://netllama.linux-sxs.org