PPPOE config problem at boot

osric fernandes osric.fernandes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 19:59:31 UTC 2006

On 10/22/06, ronald <rwarsow at online.de> wrote:
> as i thought:
> it seems that your eth0 configuration sets a default route.
> this default route doesn't get changed when ppp0 comes up.
>
> remove any (default) gateway entries from your eth0 config.
> then a simple init 1 and init 3 or a reboot should bring up a browse
> able internet connection...

Yippie, I got it. The stupidity that I was doing is creating two
devices in system-config-network and also, the NetworkManager service
was set to startup at boot. Got the problem fixed and now I am
connected at boot.

Thank you Ronald for the solution and also Thank you Gary for your
sincere effort.

--

Regards,
OSRIC XAVIER FERNANDES