Grrr. FC[5|6] won't boot after install on Sun Fire x4200

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 23:27:48 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 17:32 -0400, David Nedrow wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2006, at 11:01 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 09:23 -0400, David Nedrow wrote:
> >>
> >> This has me completely flummoxed.
> >>
> >> The installation of FC5 (and FC6 tests) goes without a problem.
> >> HOWEVER, after the reboot the system stop booting at the point where
> >> grub should start displaying.
> >
> > Didja do a clean install or an upgrade? Ric
> > --
>
> Always a clean install.
>
> - -David

You da man! At least there is less confusion from whence comes your
deliverance. Have you tried a text install and using several terminal
windows to eye the progress as it installs? You might catch the problem
in that fashion. ie: Your pre-defined mount points, are they being
recognized and mounted cleanly to write to?  You might spot the problems
in this fashion with none of that X business to get in the way. Trouble
shooting with a shotgun! Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256