Can't boot kernel-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5

Goksin Akdeniz goksin.akdeniz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 07:06:23 UTC 2006

> In VAR the boot.log file is empty (0 bytes).
> DMesg has no info about the failure
> Messages also has no info about the failure.
>

> What happens is that I get the boot menu and select the kernel I want.
> This part is ok.
>
> Then I get some text that is to fast for me to read.
>
> What I can read says something about a panic - APCI- - an unsafe unwind
> and mentions something called DWARF2.

Ok then here is a suggestion:

Boot your system. Select the 2.6.18-xxx kernel and press e to edit boot
options. Move to the end of the line with right & left arrow keys. Type
acpi=off et tne end of the line. Press enter and then b

So your new kernel will boot with ACPI disabled. If it is really a power issu
this will reveal it.

And how to get the boot.log file?

It is easy. When you log in to tthe system run terminal/konsole. type su or su
root and become root.

when it is done type gedit. Now you van browse and edit files. Ypu can read
the content od boot.msg and boot.log in /var/log.

I hope it works.

Goksin Akdeniz
--------
www.enixma.org