with recent kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5, ACPI: Invalid PBLK length [5] error warning

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 23 17:14:01 UTC 2006

Tim:
>> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
>> processor       : 0
>> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
>> cpu family      : 15
>> model           : 1
>> model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz
>> stepping        : 2
>> cpu MHz         : 1600.124
>> cache size      : 256 KB

James Wilkinson:
> In which case, despite having the "ht" flag, it's only got "one
> hyperthreading sibling", which is as near to "doesn't do hyperthreading"
> as makes no difference.

Ok, thanks for that.  I didn't have a great deal of luck trying to work
out which CPUs had which features.

> All "ht" proves is that it's got the structures to find out how many
> logical processors there are per physical core (in this case, one).

Doesn't sound very practical, in this case.

So, just for the sake of curiosity, since I don't have one of those
motherboards, hyper-threading with it would require a motherboard with
two separately socketed CPUs?

I read messages from the public lists.