New emails to the list

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Oct 23 17:32:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 17:45 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:
> oldman wrote:
> > All you say is true, but you should have mentioned that it is only
> > required to click the link at the bottom of every message on this list
> > that says:
> >
> > fedora-list mailing list
> > fedora-list at redhat.com
> >
> > which will open a new message blank in your mail reader.  Just fill in a
> > new subject and you're good to go!
>
> This does, of course, depend on your mail reader...some of the most
> powerful don't enable such things.
>
> James.

So for those that don't enable it, a simple copy/paste still eliminates
the hijacking of the thread.

It was only a short time back that there was a rash of "don't hijack the
thread" type of messages.  I think it is time that  people were reminded
of email netiquette and where the guidelines can be found.

>From the Fedora Wiki, this is only one of many references.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ThomasChung/Netiquette?highlight=%
28netiquette%29

This is the most pertinent of the references listed there in reference
to this list, but all apply.