digital camera Q

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 24 05:24:12 UTC 2006

Greetings;

A neighbor came up tonight with a canon powershot A10 in hand that had some
pix my missus wanted.  For my own camera, its a vfat file system and all I
have to do is mount it, but this camera seems to have a different
mechanism.  When I couldn't mount it, I tried digicam-0.6.2 which seemed
to recognize the camera, but could not initialize it.  Then I tried gtkam,
which also says the same thing.  That left XCam, which seemed to be a
differently built program for video streams.

Looking up the specs, it claims to be DPOF compliant, whatever that
defines.

Is there a special driver I need to turn on in the kernel's usb section to
enable access to this device?  I am familiar with building kernels,
currently running 2.6.19-rc3.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)