GNOME doesn't mount DVDs with DVD+-RW SATA

ArcosCom Linux User linux at arcoscom.com
Tue Oct 24 19:07:21 UTC 2006

Before begin:
   Dell Latitude D810
   FC5
   stock kernel, vanilla 2.6.17.14 and/or vanilla 2.6.18.1
   All system updated with FC5 repositories.

My problem began when I put "hdc=noprobe" in kernel command-line to allow
my sata dvd+-rw be detected as /dev/scd0.

Before, I had another problems, but when I inserted dvd's, gnome mounts
them for me and put the icon in the desktop.

Now, I need to mount manually the CD/DVDs (mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0
/media/cdrom) and GNOME only put the icon when I mount the CD/DVD.

I need my dvd+-rw to be sata to allow me burn DVDs while I'm working, that
works more or less fine, and I want GNOME continues mounting the DVD/CD
when I insert them.

Any help?

Thanks and sorry for my english.