digital camera Q

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Oct 24 20:50:56 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 October 2006 12:19, Robin Laing wrote:
>
>>Gene Heskett wrote:

>>I normally get a new SD card for my camera (Pentax) and put the stick
>>into my computer and then format it and put a label on it.  Put it into
>>the camera and go shoot pictures.  I don't like using the camera as it
>>kills the batteries much faster.  Also if the camera goes into power
>>saving mode, I could corrupt the card.
>>
>>I have three cards for my camera at this time.  I have filled up two
>>cards in a single day of shooting some events, as a hobby.
>

> And you have a pronounced limp from carrying all those AA batteries I
> assume?
>

>>--
>>Robin Laing

I have started to use 15 minute Rayovac rechargables.  They will do a
lot of pictures between replacements on a full charge.  I think it is
600 plus.  I usually only need two sets of batteries, depending on the
amount of times I need to use the flash.  The 15 minute batteries last
longer than normal AA's.

Doing this lead to a quick lesson in using ImageMagik to do some basic
modifications such as rotate on a directory of images as I normally just
provide the raw photos to those that requested them.  I only rotate the
images.

--
Robin Laing