website subscription manager

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Oct 25 00:01:40 UTC 2006

Since my web form question was so quickly answered, here is another one.

Does anyone know of a good subscription manager program for websites?
Something where part of a website can be walled off (using htaccess or
something like that) and daily/weekly/monthly/whatever subscriptions can be
entered, revoked, and so on.

It seems that this would be an extremely common function for a lot of
websites.  I actually have my own about half-written here, but it suddenly
occurred to me that I may be wasting a lot of my time re-inventing the wheel.