digital camera Q

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Oct 25 09:48:45 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 05:07, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> The only thing that really gets me is that to me, metric seems so
> logical. 10 millimetres to a centimetre, 100 centimetres to a metre,
> 1000 metres to a kilometre etc.

Precisely - with 10 digits on each hand and foot, what else should we use? :-)

> 12 inches is a foot
> 16 ounces is a pound
>
> ???

Oh, we can do much better than that, if you look at the whole caboodle of
historic weights and measures.

> AND the imperial gallon seems to be different to the US Gallon as far as
> I understand.

Yup.

> I don't even want to know how many feet to a yard (it must be less than
> three and a bit feet coz that's roughly a metre).

That's easy - just 3 feet to the yard.

> P.S. Don't even get me started on the US having the month then day then
> year for displaying dates. I don't get that either but caused quite a
> bit of confusion when we were over there.

Until you want to sort by date order, then year, month, day makes sense.

Anne