FYI: Fedora Core 6 CD/DVD labels from FC Artwork

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Oct 25 17:50:21 UTC 2006

Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear list,
>    There are some nice looking Fedora Core 6 labels
> for CD/DVD's labels and cases.  Take a look at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/CDArtFC6
>
> Hope you enjoy them!!!  Fedora Artwork people have
> done an amazing job.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Brand new install of FC-6, updated with latest rawhide.

Well, I let the default EOG open the DVD label and sent it to the
printer.  Got a HUGE almost black circle.  Completely useless.  Went
back to the web page, saw the entry for printable version, downloaded
the zip, tried the .tif version in Gimp, it printed postscript commands,
tried to change to the correct printer in the Gimp print dialogue, but
the printer refused to acknowledge.  Gave up at this point.

New release, new things to learn.  No problem, makes life interesting
and maybe I find some bugs to report that will help others and the
developers.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)