Sane (xsane) Scanning on HP PSC 1500 eg 1510

Jovan Spasojevic support at fedora-club.de
Wed Oct 25 20:20:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

i hope everyone can help!

I'm using fc6 and my printer is a hp psc 1510 allinone. However for the
first time i scanning with xsane....i'm printing etc. but now i can't
scanning anymore....but printing works. I don't know whats the problem i
had reconf. sane backend but i cannot scanning either.........

[root at localhost sane.d]# sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
  # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
  # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [HP], product=0x4c11 [PSC 1500 series]) at libusb:001:003
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
[root at localhost sane.d]# scanimage -L
[root at localhost sane.d]#

regars,

jovan