FC6 aiglx/compiz

Brian Gaynor briang at pmccorp.com
Wed Oct 25 20:43:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 20:45 +0100, Scott van Looy wrote:
> Is compiz the only wm enabled for this? Is there a way to change the
> window decorations? Or a gui tool to change the configuration? (I
> remember using one from the unofficial xgl repo in FC5) Or am I asking too
> much?

Compiz is what you get out of the box. I believe there are some other wm
projects with more WOW, but you will need to build from scratch. Only
GUI I have found is the very basic desktop-effects.

FWIW I had followed the howto's on the nVidia forums to no avail, then I
saw Alexandru's reference to this one option I hadn't tried:

Option         "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"

Added the option this morning, restarted X, and voila I was able to
enable the aiglx/comiz effects. So far it appears to be pretty stable on
my hardware. The only problem I have seen is with the nVidia tool
nvidia-settings - it crashes X.

--
Brian Gaynor
www.pmccorp.com