isnt /var/www/html the doc root for phpMyAdmin?

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 21:33:45 UTC 2006

François Patte wrote:
> sean a écrit :
>> I'm trying to install phpMyAdmin on fc5.
>>
>> Following the phpmyadmin install instructions I untarred it in
>> /var/www/html/
>>
>> Then I'm supposed to point the browser to
>> localhost/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php
>>
>> which exists:
>>
>> -rwxr-xrwx 1 root root 72833 Oct  7 10:54
>> /var/www/html/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php
>>
>> but I get the httpd error:
>>
>> The requested URL /phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php was not found on this
>> server.
>
> Just a stupid question: did you only untarred the tar ball in
> /var/www/html or did you also add a link:
>
> phpmyadmin--->phpmyadmin-xxxxx (number of the release)
>
> ?

  I mv phpMyAdmin-2.9.0.2 phpmyadmin. As you can see above
/var/www/html/phpmyadmin exists.

I also

chmod -R a+rX /var/www/html

selinux is disabled on my system.

Didn't work.

I also have gallery ( a photo album ) in /var/www/html.

Pointed browser to gallery. It came up.

Tried phpmyadmin again.

Now it worked!!

Sunspots??