digital camera Q

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Oct 26 12:57:49 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 07:24, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Wednesday 25 October 2006 23:18, Grumpy_Penguin wrote:
>> >
>> > A pint of water
>> > weighs a pound and a quarter
>>
>> thought it was "A Pint is a Pound The World around"
>
>I don't know where that comes from, but it just isn't true.  Ask the lady
> in your life how many fluid ounces in a pint - if she cooks/bakes she
> will tell you that there are 20.

On this side of the pond, its 16, but the ounces are avordupoise(check my
spelling on that one:) std, not troy.  So here, yes, a pints a pound.

>> BTW what does a pint cost  at the pub?
>
>I don't drink beer, but I think it's around £2-£2.50.
>
>> litres don't wok for beer
>
>All hell let loose when it was suggested ;-)

Same here, its 12 or 16 oz cans or 12, 16, 32 oz in bottles.  Pricing
sounds similar, a 6 pack of 12 oz throwaway bottles is around 6 dollars.
I don't drink out of alu containers if there's another choice due to the
alu-alzheimers connection.  But I am a 1 or 2 a night alcoholic, so I do
partake regularly.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)