Torrent question

John Bowden johnbowden43 at gawab.com
Thu Oct 26 18:34:40 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson writes:

> On Thursday 26 October 2006 17:32, John Bowden wrote:
>> Anne Wilson writes:
>> > I completed the DVD download yesterday and have been seeding since then.
>> > Azureus, though tells me that the Ratio is bad, at 0.376 (< 0.5).  What
>> > does this mean?
>> >
>> > Anne
>>
>> It means you are downloading much more than you are sharing. if
>> that figure is for the fedora dl then it means the fedara
>> download has not up loadded much yet.
>>
> The problem is that I'm seeing two different ratio figures.  One says 0.903,
> which makes sense to me.  I finished the download yesterday and I'm still
> uploading, but take-up is well below the limit I set - less than half.  I've
> still only uploaded 2.7GB.
>
> On the status line, though, is a red light, saying that the ratio is now
> 0.392.  This is the one I was asking about, as it makes no sense.
>
> Anne

The red light at the bottem is an overall mesurement showing the
ratio for all downloads / uploads. It is ether red or green and
stays red untill you have uploadded as much as you have
downloadded or uploadded a little bit more. If there is a lot of
people shareing a file then your upload tends to slow down.

registered Linux user number 414240
Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest
intentions and he was going to blow them up !