A humble suggestion for Fedora

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Oct 27 15:04:18 UTC 2006

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice if the Fedora installation
> asked for some feedback ...?
>
> Eg, "Did you find installation easy (on a scale of 1 to 5)",
> "What problems (if any) did you have: None, Reading CDs, ...",
> "Do you any suggestions for improvement".

Though I don't like some of the thoughts, it may be a good idea to
improve the installation experience.

I say this as many on this list would love to see Fedora or at least
Linux on more desktops than that other buggy OS.  One of the biggest
headaches is the install as we see on this list.  Many of those at home
don't know or care about mail lists or as some said, read wiki's.  It
could be part of a registration type form.  It could provide data that
may be useful for FC7 release.

Most on this list are veterans of Linux so the problems that Mom down
the street experiences could be beneficial to the development of a
better experience.

Of course all would be optional.

--
Robin Laing