FC5 -> FC6 my experience

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 21:18:53 UTC 2006

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 7:43 PM +0100 10/27/06, Ian Malone wrote:
>> Andy Green wrote:
>>
>>>  First move for SELinux grief nowadays should be
>>>
>>> touch /.autorelabel
>>>
>>> and reboot.
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Wonderful (especially given that it breaks so many things,
>> the above often doesn't work and it seems to have no
>> apparent use for people who don't actually run services on
>> their machine).
>
> Gee, relabeling hasn't broken anything for me.  It's solved the problem
> just abuot every time I thought it could have.  It's lots faster than
> trying to get a solution from the list, which often -- even from the
> authors -- is to relabel.

Ah, sorry, I meant SELinux breaks so many things and
relabelling never fixed for me the things that broke.
I get away with running SELinux by manually doing
chcon on the things that break.  I've gone through
several yum updates now without further problems,
although I have no idea whether that's because things
were fixed or my manual adjustments are still in
effect.

--
imalone