FC6 yum updates dependency problem

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 28 13:14:32 UTC 2006

Mike Cohler wrote:
> Does anyone know if the dependency problem for yum updates in FC6 for
> totem,totem-xine,mozilla-totem-xine will be fixed soon?  (I have
> fedora-updates and livna repos defined, as well as base and extras of
> course)

totem-xine would have a explicit conflict on totem in Fedora Core which
uses the gstreamer engine. This is not a bug since they cannot be used
in parallel. It is not automatically obsoleted to provide a user the
information and choice of which media framework to use.

Assuming you want totem-xine, you can do

# yum remove totem
# yum install totem-xine.

Rahul