FC6 yum updates dependency problem

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 14:27:37 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:

> > One thing I don't yet know is if the notifier will pop up in kde which is my
> > desktop?
>
> It should.
>
> Rahul

One thing I don;t know is how to get it to check/download at the same time every
day (in the middle of the night !) unless I were to set the interval to exactly
24 hours and then get yum-updatesd to restart at say 3am.  Maybe this is the way
but is there a more efficient way to do it I wonder?

For my main machine I would rather have it doing updates overnight than more
frequently.

Mike