remote desktop FC6 > Windows XP machines.

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 02:34:37 UTC 2006

Darren Foster wrote:
> I'm the new boy and am still finding my feet with fedora core 5.
> The question i have is:- Is there a program that i can remote connect up
> to my customers PC's (predominantly Windows XP machines) so that i can
> provide remote support without having to boot my windows machine.
> If so can you tell me the name of the program and either a link to a
> place with simple instructions for installation or just some simple
> instructions.

I have been providing remote assistance to Windows based workstations
for quite a while. VNC is the ideal tool for the job.
Using an RDP client works too but the user working on the system gets
logged off when I take control using Rdesktop, which is not what I want.

--
Regards
Vivek J. Patankar

Registered Linux User #374218