Ack! Only 4 uarts with FC6!

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 29 07:37:45 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 02:36 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> Serial device port allocation isn't the most straightforward thing,
> there are all sorts of funny corner cases.  Another common
> misconception is that the ttyS nodes are allocated sequentially, but
> the IO port that the serial port is mapped to is what determines
> which /dev/ttyS node it ends up with. So having ttyS0, ttyS1, ttyS12,
> ttyS13 and no other nodes is possible for eg.

How do you work it out?  I had an add-on serial card that did work at
one stage, at ttyS10.  Now I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere.
Is there something that I can look at the IO details and work out which
ttyS device it is, without playing trial and error?

I read messages from the public lists.