NVidia from Livna seems to have broken X

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Oct 29 16:36:02 UTC 2006

On Sun October 29 2006 11:14 am, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> If by 'rescue mode' you mean single user mode, there's no
> networking in that runlevel, so yum is expected to fail for
> anything that requires internet connectivity.

I realize now, you're obviously mistaken - I'd forgotten that when
I went into rescue mode, it actually asked if I wanted to start
networking, to which I replied yes. Maybe this is a feature
addition...

Anyway, I tried again to remove the Livna Nvdia stuff in rescue
mode, after doublechecking what Tim was saying, and this time,
running "yum remove kmod-nvidia-..." succeeded. Upon reboot, all
is now well. I guess I need to file a bug over on Livna.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA