POLL: Fedora KDE Users

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Oct 30 08:17:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 07:48 +0000, Andy Green wrote:

> > Oh and 'Konsole' just rocks! I've yet to find a terminal emulator I like
> > more.
>
> Right - don't know how I forgot that one, since I have a permanent
> Konsole open here with a dozen tabs on it, the Gnome equivalent was much
> lacking.

	I have been liking Terminal from Xfce 4.4 myself, though I tend to
still use the "real" xterm for most stuff.  Something about old dogs and
all that.

> Another one:
>
>   - KDE uses much less memory than Gnome, despite greater functionality

	I'd also go into how Xfce makes GNOME and KDE look virtually identical
in (lack of) functionality and performance but that would only start a
flamewar and I'm to darn tired to fan it.  :-P