metacity keybindings stopped working after FC5->FC6 upgrade

Joachim Kunze joachim at resistance.de
Mon Oct 30 09:39:03 UTC 2006

... but with compiz you have other cool keybindings to change the
Desktops - here an excerpt from the opensuse page
http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz:
Default plugin keyboard shortcuts
There are many configuration options under
Compiz->General->Screen0->Options.

      * Switch windows = Alt + Tab
      * Arrange and View All Windows = Moving the pointer to the top
        right screen corner turns on or off; clicking a window will zoom
        it to the front
      * Switch desktops on cube = Ctrl + Alt + Left/Right Arrow
      * Switch desktops on cube - with active window following = Ctrl +
        Shift + Alt + Left/Right Arrow
      * Rotate cube manually = Ctrl + Alt + left-click and grab an empty
        desktopspace.
      * Make window translucent/opaque = possible with the "transset"
        utility or Alt + wheel mouse
      * Zoom-in once = Super-key right-click
      * Zoom-in manually = Super-key + wheel mouse up
      * Zoom-out manually = Super-key + wheel mouse down
      * Move window = Alt + left-click
      * Snap Move window (will stick to borders) = Ctrl + Shift +
        left-click
      * Resize window = Alt + right-click
      * Bring up the window below the top window = Alt + middle-click
      * Slow-motion = Shift + F10
      * Water = hold Ctrl+Super key
              * Rain = Shift-F9

Cheers,

Jo

"Super-key" means the Linux respectively W** key.
If you know of others, please add them here.

      * Film effect - changing dekstop  = Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow (hold the
        Ctrl+Alt then for changing desktop + Left/Right arrow. You can
        also hold down the left mousebutton to move the "film") Can be
        used in combination with the "Switcher".