OT:ugrade from fc5 to fc6, , any advice/suggestions/expriences(good/bad)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Oct 30 17:23:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 09:41:02 -0500,
  Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 17:35 +0300, sysadmin wrote:
>
> > Am planning/preparing to upgrade from fc5 to fc6 in a few hours
> > time.FYI this is a very customized box though it's not on production
> > level.
> >
> > Any advices/suggestions are higly welcomed.!

Do a backup before you start.

> 	Go through the last week or so of messages in this list and prepair
> accordingly.  Yes, I know it's not the preferred answer but it is the
> only one available at this time.  If you wait a couple of weeks there's
> likely to be a couple of FC6 help documents floating around.

There is also a respin project for Fedora now, so if they feel it is warranted
a new respin of FC6 could available if you wait a bit. With the 586/686
kernel issue, it is probably worth doing, but I don't know if the people
heavily involved in that project feel the same way.