FC6 Nightly Yum Updates

A Yagi at gmail amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 21:43:56 UTC 2006

Don Maxwell wrote:

> The /etc/cron.daily directory in FC6 does not have yum.cron as was in FC5.

I am still trying to figure out how to set up the nightly yum update as the
way it was in FC5.  I can write my own cronjob but there must be a better
way to do this in FC6.   With the default installation of yum-updatesd, it
is not updating anything.  So, perhaps, the thing to do is to edit
/etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf in such a way that it automatically install new
updates?

Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated.

Akemi