cifs issue

Matthieu Boucard le.caribou at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 10:48:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

i'm trying to use CIFS to mount a NT filesystem on my FC5 system

here's the line from my /etc/fstab :

//saturne/users$ /home/matthieu/saturne/users cifs
user=INFO/mbd%mypasswd,uid=500,gid=500 0 0

it's ok, but then i have to cd to 'mbd' which is my private directory
on this NT file server (saturne). I would like to mount directly on
//saturne/users$/mbd

on a NT box, the command :

net use K: \\saturne\users$\mbd /USER:INFO\mbd mypasswd

gets the job done, so I tried to translate it in CIFS this way :

//saturne/users$/mbd /home/matthieu/saturne/mbd cifs
user=INFO/mbd%mypasswd,uid=500,gid=500 0 0

but when i try to :

# mount /home/matthieu/saturne/mbd/

i get this error message :

retrying with upper case share name
mount error 6 = No such device or address
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

Thanks for your help ! :)

-- Matthieu