yum prob on lappy

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 31 14:42:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 09:26, Andy Green wrote:
>On Tuesday 31 October 2006 13:49, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> mirroring failures, I now have a __.000db file that when I shut it down
>> yesterday, was a zero length file and both yumex and smart package
>> manager were spitting out terminal tummy aches over it.  An 'rpm
>> --rebuilddb' also fails, as does an "rpm --initdb"
>
>Just delete the /var/lib/rpm/__* files if you have trouble, there is no
> need to do --rebuilddb and definitely not --initdb!
>
>The invalid baseurl thing is a network level yum error that is unrelated
> to the rpm __ file stuff.  What exactly is it saying about that?
>
>-Andy
In a seperate window: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.

Several of my files in /etc/yum.repos.d have been edited, and paths are
probably AFU, it might be best to just replace the default file so I know
they're good again, but there doesn't seem to be a net accessable set of
these files available that google can find.  The yum rpm is empty in that
part of the tree.  Bummer...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)