POLL: Fedora KDE Users

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Oct 31 15:01:15 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:
> On Monday 30 October 2006 10:24, Andy Green wrote:
>
> However it crashed out while I was selecting an icon scheme, killing (and not
> restarting) its panel and leaving an empty background (with the picture still
> present).  I Ctrl-Alt-Backspaced X out and on restart, Xfce crashes out every
> time it is started now, back to the graphical login.  So back to KDE for me,
> but Xfce was definitely usable while it lasted.
>

> -Andy

            I had similar problems on this desktop and received the
            following advice:

            "all configuration for xfce4 is in ~/.config, mainly
            ~/.config/xfce4.
            backup that, delete it and run xfce again. if it runs, you
            can try putting
            back that directory and play with files in there or you can
            just create new
            settings."

            I believe it was deleting .config/xfce4/mcs_settings that
            restored operation. I had to reconfigure things afterward
            and have not run into the problem again although it did
            happen twice!

            Bob Goodwin