Automatic Login with two X servers FC5

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 13 03:36:05 UTC 2006

Felix, it's time to give up the approach you are trying and do it
right. You need to run the VNC X server. I have it running as an
xinetd service. You can customize the screen size and everything.
This is how I set it up on FC4.
===8<---
# default: on
#       unencrypted username/password pairs for authentication.
service vnc1592
{
        port            = 5953
        protocol        = tcp
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = nobody
        group           = tty
        server          = /usr/bin/Xvnc
        disable         = no
        server_args     = -inetd -geometry 1592x1140 -depth 24 -query localhost -once
securitytypes=none -fp unix/:7100
}
===8<---

The sizes I picked allow me to run it in a full size window without
obscuring toolbars or needing to scroll when using a 1600x1200 screen,
for this service. I also have sizes better suited to 1920x1440. I
just pick the port for the size screen I want. It opens its own X
session so there's no need for the complexity you are trying to
establish for remote connections. You MAY be able to do this for both
windows depending on your machine siting and requirements.

{^_^}   Joanne