euro symbol on konsole screen

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 15:45:58 UTC 2006

On Sunday 17 September 2006 13:57, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> It's been more than a year since I did this and I
> don't recall where the keysyms came from but I did
> find a list that seems to work in part.
>
> For instance:
>
> /usr/bin/xmodmap -e 'keycode 115=oslash'
>
> produces      Ø  or ø  with the left hand Windows
> key shifted/unshifted.  Not sure about your "A" with
> the bar?
>
> See:   http://linux.kiefner.de/de-dvorak.xmodmap

Ah - so 'keysyms' is the word I need to search on?  OK - there's a very good
list at http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TkCmd/keysyms.htm and it seems that the
character that I used as an example in my request for info is

Atilde                             195     0x00c3

There's also some useful reading at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/KeySyms

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Anne