fc4->fc5 upgrade

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 19 22:08:41 UTC 2006

hi HS...

i tried the following... and got the resulting errors when i try to do a
fc4->fc5 upgrade with yum...

yum upgrade yum

rpm -Uvh
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/Fedora/RPM
S/fedora-release-5-5.noarch.rpm

yum -y upgrade

i get these errors...
 Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libssl.so.5 for package: ethereal
--> Processing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 for package: gnupg
--> Processing Dependency: libssl.so.5 for package: sendmail
--> Processing Dependency: libpcap.so.0.8.3 for package: ethereal
--> Processing Dependency: libpisock.so.9 for package: gnome-pilot
--> Processing Dependency: libssl.so.5 for package: python
--> Processing Dependency: libneon.so.24 for package: ethereal
--> Processing Dependency: libdbus-1.so.1 for package: dhcdbd
--> Processing Dependency: libssl.so.5 for package: samba
--> Processing Dependency: libgnutls.so.11 for package: ethereal
--> Processing Dependency: libneon.so.24 for package: librpm4.4
--> Processing Dependency: libssl.so.5 for package: gnupg
--> Processing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 for package: sendmail
--> Processing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 for package: python
--> Processing Dependency: libnetsnmp.so.5 for package: ethereal
--> Processing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 for package: samba
--> Processing Dependency: libcrypto.so.5 for package: ethereal
--> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package openssl.i386 0:0.9.7f-7.10 set to be updated
[...]
Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-1.so.1 is needed by package dhcdbd
Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.11 is needed by package ethereal
Error: Missing Dependency: libneon.so.24 is needed by package ethereal
Error: Missing Dependency: libpisock.so.9 is needed by package gnome-pilot
Error: Missing Dependency: libpcap.so.0.8.3 is needed by package ethereal
Error: Missing Dependency: libneon.so.24 is needed by package librpm4.4
Error: Missing Dependency: libnetsnmp.so.5 is needed by package ethereal
Error: Unable to satisfy dependencies
Error: Package ethereal needs libssl.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package gnupg needs libcrypto.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package sendmail needs libssl.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package ethereal needs libpcap.so.0.8.3, this is not available.
Error: Package gnome-pilot needs libpisock.so.9, this is not available.
Error: Package python needs libssl.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package ethereal needs libneon.so.24, this is not available.
Error: Package dhcdbd needs libdbus-1.so.1, this is not available.
Error: Package samba needs libssl.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package ethereal needs libgnutls.so.11, this is not available.
Error: Package librpm4.4 needs libneon.so.24, this is not available.
Error: Package gnupg needs libssl.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package sendmail needs libcrypto.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package python needs libcrypto.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package ethereal needs libnetsnmp.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package samba needs libcrypto.so.5, this is not available.
Error: Package ethereal needs libcrypto.so.5, this is not available.
[root at lserver5 rpm]#

any idea what to do to resolve these issues...

i have the 2.6.9.17 kernel