Generating SSL Certificates for Email Clients to get rid of the Self Sign Error on FC3

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 25 08:23:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 11:19 +0530, ankush grover wrote:
> How do I save/import these certificates in email-clients so that this
> message does not shows up again ?

That depends on the clients.  It's not something I've done much about,
mostly just read about.  Though I did once set up my local IMAP server
to run "securely", and it handled accepting the certificates,
automatically, the first time I connected to the server.

I see in the Evolution preferences that there's a separate
"certificates" section, with an import feature.  Other mail clients will
have their own methods of doing this.  I think you'd want to read their
help files, then post back with a list of which clients you need more
help with (program name, version, and possibly which OS they're on).

I read messages from the public lists.