Nameserver Problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 1 05:44:36 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 23:39 -0400, Tony Nelson wrote:
> Named is working properly, but I'm a bit uncomfortable about not
> having defined any nameservers to use.  Presumably it's just asking
> the root nameservers.

Yes, it's acting as a stand-alone name server.  Probably the best way to
use it, for simplicity's sake.

> I could hard-code what DHCP would return, but I wonder if there is a
> way to get that info into named automatically?

I wouldn't bother, nor would I recommend changing named.conf all the
time.  If you really wanted, you could play with adding forwarders to
your configuration file, either to always be used for looking up
external addresses, or for when it can't find an answer by itself.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.