Al Graziano al.graziano at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 17:35:59 UTC 2007

Thank you. I was already doing that but my problem at the moment is that
I have a driver for my wireless card, ipw3945 and that gets loaded even
if I don't specify it in the modprobe.conf

I installed the driver through rpm so it must have have copied itself to
a directory where modules are read at boot time. As far as I know
modules to be loaded are contained in /lib/modules/'uname -r'/... or
/etc/rc.modules

but when I searched for the ipw3945 driver it, I found it in the
following directory

/proc/irq/17/ipw3945
/sys/module/ipw3945
/sys/bus/pci/drivers/ipw3945

I cannot find any of the above directories in the init boot scripts ( I
may not have looked good enough) and that's why I was trying to
understand how Fedora 6 loads modules at boot time

Thanks again
Al