Al Graziano al.graziano at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 18:28:05 UTC 2007

Thanks Todd,

as it turns out I was doing my search looking for ipw3945, which of
course didn't return the .ko which is the driver, and that was in the
/lib/modules/.. directory, hence loaded by the OS at boot time

I got the exact same packages from ATrpms, and I have noticed that
putting the required dependencis int he modprobe.con file to launch the
regulatory daemon is enough. So you don't have to add anything to
rc.local. There was an issue with modprobe that it was executed while
the file systems was still in ro mode and did not allow the daemon to
write the PID, but somehow the modprobe configuration is enough (unless
I am getting confused after a day on my laptop!)

Incidentally, do you know how to replace the driver associated to a
PCMCIA card and where that association is maintained. It used to be in
the /etc/pcmcia.conf but it doens't seem to work anymore.

Ciao
Al