How to install fedora using ISO images on another machine

John DeDourek dedourek at unb.ca
Sun Apr 1 18:57:27 UTC 2007

Doctor Who wrote:
> I think I may have an issue with the CD drive on a machine that I want
> to install Fedora on.  So I was thinking of putting the ISO images on
> another machine and make them available via http (or NFS).
>
> Assuming I have a directory like this with the ISOs, what do I do
> during install to point to these remote images as the install source?
>
> Thanks.

I'm in that situation with Fedora core 6.  I wanted to
try FC7 test 2, but it only had the DVD available, if
I read correctly.  I now plan to try FC7 test 3.  If
it's only DVD, I will do the same thing, install over
the network.  Only, I don't want to bring up an NFS
server just to install a test3 machine.  I was rather
hoping to do it using an ftp server.  (I have some experience
with ftp; absolutely none with NFS).