Managing print queues

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 2 09:38:49 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 10:05 +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> the decision to make the application inaccessible until a print job is
> submitted was based on thinking about different use-cases, and I think
> one was missed.

It strikes me that the status icon not appearing unless their are jobs
on the queue (not previously printed, or just added to the queue) is
probably a good default.  But it ought to be possible to access the
queue manually, from the menus, at any time.  That way you can see
already done jobs, clear them from lists, reprint things, etc.  That
used to be possible in the past, if I recall correctly, with something
listed as printer monitor (or words to that effect).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.