Error when changing kerberos password

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Mon Apr 2 12:15:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have setup my FC6 box so that users can authenticate against Active
Directory using kerberos. This is working ok.
The first time I tried to change my AD account's password, it worked fine, but
from the second time on I get the following error:

[marcelo.sales at sf002698 ~]$ passwd
Changing password for user marcelo.sales.
Kerberos 5 Password:
New UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
Auth error: Authentication error ()
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error

This was right after I had successfully changed the password and no system
configuration was modified between the two attempts. What may be causing this
error?

Thanks,

Marcelo