How does one export printer configuration in FC6?

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 16:22:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 12:05 -0400, Peter Schwenk wrote:

> Back in the olden days (around FC3), I was able to export printer
> configuration information to a file using "system-config-printer-tui
> --Xexport", but FC6 doesn't seem to have this facility anymore.  What
> it the preferred way to save a computer's printer configuration to a
> file so that it can be imported on another computer?  Thanks in
> advance for your help.

Fedora Core 6 uses the CUPS configuration directly, rather than
maintaining an XML version of it separately.  This means that you can
use the CUPS tools (lpadmin etc) to script new installations of printers
and so on.

Depending on what you need to do, you might find that the CUPS
'browsing' facility is sufficient for your needs.

Tim.
*/