Nameserver Problem [more] -

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Apr 2 21:07:02 UTC 2007

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:

> Eureka!  It works, once I figured out that I had to do   'service named
> restart'  each time I made a change, added an address to be blocked.

While that works, you really should be updating the serial number each time
you make a change to a zone file.  This is good practice to get into if you
decide to learn a bit more of bind.  I tend to use the YYYYMMDDX format for
my serial numbers.  Basically 10 changes/day....I seldom do more.

Then all you need do is "kill -1" on the named pid.